Public Relations Advisory Committee
The MBLC's Public Relations Committee was formed in 2007 as a result of the strategic planning process which highlighted the need for libraries of all types to better connect with people about the services they provide or could provide with additional funding.
The process specifically underscored the need for work with the library community to ensure that citizens and the legislature know that library resources are relevant to one's life work (whether that "work" is learning, business, retirement, etc.). Marketing statewide library initiatives and programs was also identified as a priority.
Committee members serve two-year terms and represent all types of libraries and all geographic areas of the Commonwealth. The committee develops and maintains a public relations marketing plan and creates campaigns that further the goals of the plan.
Current Public Relations Advisory Committee Members
Appointed to Terms Expiring on June 30, 2017
- Ellen MJ Keane: Head of Access and Technical Services, University of Massachusetts Lowell Libraries
- Sandy Kelly: Massachusetts School Library Association
- Pat McLeod: Director, David & Joyce Milne Public Library, Williamstown
- Anna Popp: Advisor, Massachusetts Library System
- Melina Schuler: Chief of Communications & Strategy, Boston Public Library
Appointed to Terms Expiring on June 30, 2016
- Susan Crowther: Head Librarian, Chicopee Comprehensive High School
- Charlotte Canelli: Director, Morrill Memorial Library, Norwood
- Linda Stetson: Director, Morse Institute Library, Natick
- Kirsten Underwood: Head of Reference Services, Nevins Memorial Library
Appointed to Terms Expiring on June 30, 2018
- Joe Rodio: Director, South Hadley Public Library
- Olivia Melo: Director, New Bedford Public Library
- Mary Ann Cluggish
- Mary Kronholm
- Celeste Bruno: Communications Director
- Callan Bignoli: Web Coordinator
- Matthew Perry: Outreach Coordinator