HIGHLIGHTS AND NOTES:
Highlights and Notes is the perfect tool for anyone conducting research in Gale’s e-book or database products and needing to take notes without opening a separate program. This valuable tool allows users to highlight text within an article (using various colors selected by the user), add notes to highlighted sections, and retrieve/utilize them from a new “Highlighted Articles” page. Highlights and Notes can be easily viewed, printed, downloaded, or sent via email from within the product being used.
Follow these simple steps to use the Highlights and Notes tool.
- Select the text you’d like to save, then click Highlight
- Assign a color to the highlighted text, there are six options.
- To add Notes, click on the tab, enter the text and click “Save”
- To view all of your highlighted sections, click the Highlights and Notes button.
- The Highlighted Articles page shows all of your highlighted sections and notes, including the name of the source publications.
The highlighting feature will display the article name and the publication title when using the Highlighting feature in Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) in a folder called Highlighted Articles. Upon first release of the feature, using Gale’s citation tool, the researcher has the option to also create full citations, including date and page information with a choice between two citation formats – MLA 7th edition and APA 6th edition. This parenthetical citation feature will be added to other Gale products in the future.
This post was written by mheroux on December 17, 2014