Training and Promotion
Training & Promotion
Statewide licensed electronic resources evolve as vendors enhance functionality and content. To encourage use and assist patrons, library staff can take advantage of ongoing free training opportunities.
Both distance learning and in-person sessions are provided by the MBLC and through MLS, and posted on the MLS continuing education calendar. Upcoming classes are announced on the allregions and mls-announcements email lists.
The statewide vendors hold regularly scheduled webinars throughout the year. Below are links to classes, training, and promotional materials.
- Gale Training Center (links to lived and archived webinars, short on-demand training videos, and other training materials including lesson plans and tip sheets)
- Massachusetts-only live and archived webinars (Gale product training specially created for Massachusetts)
- Gale Support Main Page (product/technical/training information, system status, usage statistics, and more)
- Order marketing materials (for MLS member libraries)
- Professional Development (free training)