State Advisory Council on Libraries - SACL
The State Advisory Council on Libraries (SACL) is a general advisory group appointed by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
To insure input from all types of libraries, the State Advisory Council on Libraries (SACL) consists of 16 members with representation from public, academic, school, special and institution libraries, as well as libraries serving the blind and physically handicapped. In addition, five members of the council represent users of all types of libraries.
Openings for 2015
SACL has openings for two library user representatives, two public library representatives, and one school library representative. The appointment is for a three-year term. The MBLC will make these appointments at its September 2015 meeting.
SACL advises the Board on its LSTA Direct Grant Program, makes recommendations to the Board for their approval, and assesses the program and budget. Members read, review, and score grant applications and vote on recommendations that are brought to the Board.
When making appointments to SACL, the Board considers the following criteria:
- experience in grant writing, review, implementation, and/or evaluation
- ability and willingness to attend 2-3 meetings a year in Boston during business hours
- ability and willingness to attend 2-3 virtual meetings a year
- sufficient time and commitment to read 10-20 grant applications yearly and evaluate each according to an established set of criteria
If you are interested in serving on SACL, please send a resume and/or letter with your qualifications to Rachel Masse. The deadline for application is August 19, 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Roach.
Appointed to Terms Ending 9-30-2016
- Christine Brown -Academic Libraries
Appointed to Terms Ending 9-30-2017
- Maureen Ambrosino - Public Libraries
- Jean Canosa Albano - Public Libraries
- Bette Bissonette - Special Libraries
- Cathy Collins - School Libraries
- Ann Gancarz - Libraries Serving People with Disabilities
- Amy Hwang - Academic Libraries
- Alison Kenney - Library Users
- Beth Linker - Library Users
- Karen Traub - Library Users
Appointed to Terms Ending 9-30-2018
- Lisa Castoldi - Institutional Libraries
- Alice Welch