Non-Certified Municipalities & Libraries
The municipalities below are not certified for State Aid to Public Libraries. There are 3 reasons why a municipality & its library may not be certified for State Aid to Public Libraries: its library may not have applied, its library may have been ineligible to apply, or its library did not receive a waiver of the Municipal Appropriation Requirement. Any municipality that does not have library service is automatically ineligible to apply for certification.
Municipalities that did not apply, or were ineligible, were not certified as of January 1, 2014. Municipalities that are denied a MAR Waiver will be not certified as of February 6, 2014.
- Alford - did not apply - last applied FY1988
- Hancock - did not apply - last applied FY1975
- Millville - ineligible - last applied FY2012 and denied a waiver of the MAR
- Monroe - did not apply - has never applied
- New Ashford - ineligible - no library service
- Savoy - did not apply - has never applied
- Tyringham - did not apply - last applied 1961
- Wareham - rescinded as of November 6, 2014 in the State Aid to Public Libraries Program for FY2014 as a result of Wareham's inability to meet the terms and conditions of its FY2014 Municipal Appropriation Requirement (MAR) waiver "with reservation and stipulations;" further, it is not certified for the FY2015 State Aid to Public Libraries grant round.