Legislative Initiatives & Updates
FY 2016 Legislative Agenda
The Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners worked with library organizations and librarians across the Commonwealth to develop the FY 2016 Legislative Agenda. The Legislative Agenda is used to inform state legislators of funding priorities that impact library services for all residents.
FY 2016 Budget
For print copies of the FY 2016 Legislative Agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Legislative Agendas
- FY 2015 Legislative Agenda — archived web version (coming soon)
- FY 2014 Legislative Agenda — archived web version (coming soon)
- FY 2014 Legislative Agenda — print ready version and supplementary materials
- FY 2013 Legislative Agenda (pdf)
- FY 2012 Legislative Agenda (pdf)
About MBLC Legislative Agendas
Each year the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners adopts a Legislative Agenda that serves as a guide for its staff and the library community. The Legislative Agenda may focus on funding needs and the state budget process, or it may focus on changes in law necessary for the proper operation of public libraries, the Massachusetts Public Library Construction Program, the regional library systems, or the Board's programs supporting the use of technology in libraries.