Trustees & Friends
The Public Library Advisory and Development program provides advice and assistance in the following areas: Massachusetts laws & regulations, trustee responsibilities, library administration, and library support.
Please contact Cindy Roach, Head of Library Advisory and Development by calling 617-725-1860 x237 or by email.
- United for Libraries (formerly ALTAFF)
- 2012 Library Trustees Handbook (PDF)
Note: This 2012 transitional draft is based on the 2000 handbook. The handbook is currently being revised and the new version will be made available when completed.
- MBLC Trustees Resource Guide
Access to a variety of helpful resources including handouts from the recent Trustee Focus: The Library Director event.
- Massachusetts Public Library Trustees Discussion List
An electronic information forum for Massachusetts trustees to share ideas, topics of interest, and best practices.
- Massachusetts Library Trustees Association (MLTA) Website
- Director Search Packet - PDF or MS Word
Includes guidance on the search process as well as sample job descriptions, job postings, and interview questions.
- MBLC Friends Resource Guide
Access to a variety of helpful resources including handouts and presentations from the most recent Friends Sharing with Friends 2013 program.
- MBLC Friends of Libraries Discussion List
A forum for members of Friends Groups associated with Massachusetts public libraries to share ideas, ask questions, and post announcements.
- Massachusetts Friends of Libraries
An affiliate of the Massachusetts Library Association, MFOL is a non-profit dedicated to helping friends groups across the state.