2016-2017 Construction Grant Round
The 2016-2017 MPLCP Construction Grant Round was announced on May 5, 2016. Documents pertaining to the MPLCP grant program and the 2016 grant round are found below.
Application Documents (pdf)
- Memo from the Director
- Program Notice for Construction Grant 2016-2017
- Outline of Requirements and Procedures
- Letter of Intent Form (Fillable form)
More Information on the MPLCP Grant Program
- Need Factors: Department of Revenue 2012 and 2014 EQV (pdf)
- Sample Town Meeting Articles (MS Word)
- 605 CMR 6.00:Library Improvement Program - Public Library Construction (pdf)
Construction Grant Round Cycles
MPLCP grants are offered on a cyclical basis. The grant cycle depends on authorizing legislature, administrative approval, and availability of funds.
To date, construction grant rounds have been announced in 1989, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2010, and 2016. Planning & Design grant rounds have been announced in 1995, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2006, and 2013.
In the period from 1990 to 1994, funding for library construction was limited to federal funding through the Library Services and Construction Act, which was administered through the MBLC.