State Aid Forms
Libraries must submit various print and online forms with the MBLC to be eligible for State Aid to Public Libraries.
Required forms for State Aid to Public Libraries:
- Annual Report Information Survey (ARIS) - submit online using LibPAS.
- Financial Report - submit online using LibPAS.
- Compliance Form [MS Word]
- print form - complete and postmarked by October 9, 2015.
- for all single entity libraries or library systems with branches.
- Multiple Independent Compliance Form [MS Word],
- AND Compiled Multiple Independent Compliance Form [MS Word]
- print form - complete and postmarked by October 7, 2016.
- for municipalities with more than one independent library (not branches).
- "Compiled" Compliance form is filled out by library designated to compile and submit all Multiple Independent Compliance forms from all libraries within a municipality.
Forms required for a waiver, if applicable, of the Municipal Appropriation Requirement (MAR)
(Important: please read "MAR Waiver Memo" [MS Word] for additional instructions):
- MAR Waiver Petition [MS Word] due with postmark by October 7, 2016
- MAR Waiver Worksheet: [MS Word] or MAR Waiver Worksheet [MS Excel]
Form required if using Flexibility of the Materials Expenditure Requirement:
If a library is open the number of hours required for a larger population group, then that library may spend the materials expenditure requirement figure for that larger population group. 605 CMR 4.01 (5).
Other Required Forms
Must be submitted to verify compliance with library director staffing requirements in order to maintain library certification:
- Permanent Director Verification [MS Word] - required when permanent director is appointed.
- Permanent Director Resignation [MS Word] - required when a permanent director resigns.
- Acting Director Verification - [MS Word] required when an acting director is appointed.
- Acting Director Resignation [MS Word] - required if an acting director resigns.
Other forms to be submitted if applicable:
Hearing Request Form [MS Word] - To appeal a Board of Library Commissioners action, this form must be submitted within 7 business days.
Notification of Non-Participation [MS Word] - To be submitted if a municipality and its library do not intend to apply for State Aid to Public Libraries.
For more information, contact Mary Rose Quinn at x220 or Liz Babbitt at x227.