The MBLC maintains a small professional library, searchable through the NOBLE catalog. Most books in the collection are available for loan to the library community.
- NOBLE members: Request through NOBLE.
- Members of other networks: Request through the Commonwealth Catalog.
- Other MLS members: Request via mediated ILL.
- If you need help: Contact Erin Williams Hart, or call 1-800-952-7403 (in-state)/617-725-1860, ext. 232.
Our loan period is generally one month. We are happy to extend this loan period unless we have a reserve list for a particular book.
What do we have?
The professional library includes books, periodical subscriptions, agency publications, and archives covering:
- library administration
- personnel issues
- financial management
- friends of libraries
- fundraising for public libraries
- library technology
- library building construction
- library planning
- services to special populations