The MBLC provides guidance to public library directors in:
- understanding your roles and responsibilities
- working with your board of trustees and local officials
- interpeting state laws and regulations
MBLC has expertise and resources on many issues facing library directors, including:
- budgeting and funding
- library planning
- facilities management
- Friends groups and foundations
- working with municipal government
Give us a call with your questions. You may also borrow relevant titles from the MBLC Professional Library.
As a new library director, you will want to become familiar with State Aid to Public Libraries. We offer extensive support and training to help you understand the program, its requirements, the application and award process.