The MBLC provides advice to Massachusetts library trustees and assists them with interpreting laws and regulations, understanding their responsibilities, and supporting library administration.
- MBLC Trustees Resource Guide
Helpful links, guidance, and information about upcoming workshops.
- 2012 Library Trustees Handbook (PDF)
Note: This 2012 transitional draft is based on the 2000 handbook. The handbook is currently being revised and the new version will be made available when completed.
- 2015 Trusty Trustee Pocket Guide (PDF)
This short guide is adapted from the above handbook.
- Massachusetts Public Library Trustees Discussion List
An electronic information forum for Massachusetts trustees to share ideas, topics of interest, and best practices.
- Massachusetts Library Association Advocacy Toolkit
- Massachusetts Library Trustees Association (MLTA)
MLTA holds annual meetings in November. For questions about MLTA, email firstname.lastname@example.org.