Thank you for joining the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners’ MBLC community here on our Facebook Page. We hope it will become a useful source of information about library services, news, programs, and other interesting items. This is your place to connect, make friends, and be a part of our online library community. However, this is not the place for personal attacks, spam, or rants.
We ask that your follow our guidelines here. If you don’t comply, your message will be removed.
We do not allow:
- Graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful, or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- Threats of physical or bodily harm
- Solicitations or advertisements
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Sensitive information (for example, information that could compromise public safety)
- Questions from the media. For media inquiries contact Celeste Bruno at 617-725-1860 X208; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Off-topic comments: if you have off-topic comments related to library services, please email Celeste Bruno: email@example.com
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the MBLC.
While social media is a 24/7 medium, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every comment right away and are trusting in the dignity of our community to meet our guidelines or respond to personal attacks and negative speech politely.
Privacy and Security Policies
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information, such as Social Security number, phone numbers or email addresses in the body of your comment. If you do voluntarily include personally identifiable information in your comment, your comment may or may not be deleted.
MBLC Policy approval date: April 7, 2011
ITD approval date: September 22, 2011
Policy Expiration date: April 7, 2016